Tuesday, July 29, 2014

New York City Haul

So I recently took an amazing trip to New York City, and I did not want to come back home! lol It was so much fun and I learned a lot, it was so awesome! Now no one can go to the fashion capital of the US and not go shopping. Because of a tight schedule and too many things to see I did not get to do all the shopping I wanted too, but that just means I'll have to go back!!

The first stop on our trip was the Metropolitian Museum of Art. The place is seriously huge!! I always figured it would be pretty big but I totally underestimated the actual size! I got lost so many times!!! I spent the majority of my time there between the Anna Wintour Costume Center and the Egytian Art Wing. Both were incredible!!! I stopped by the gift shop before leaving and picked up two design books. I usually don't by books as souvenirs but I had never seen anything like these before and they looked very helpful. 


The first actual store I went too was Sephora, because you can't have a love of makeup and not find a Sephora wherever you are. (and trust me it wasn't all that difficult, I think I saw 6 the whole time I was there). I went to the one right on 5th avenue and it was so huge and pretty and I was in heaven. 


I may or may not have this picture the current background on my phone.....
Anyway!! Of course I had to buy something, so I decided on the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette. I had been wanting it since it first came out but never got around to actually buying. I just got back a few days ago so I haven't had time to swatch or test any of the things I bought but I'm definitely looking forward to it! 


Another added bonus this palette smells like chocolate!!! The shadows are even made with cocoa powder.

The next stop on my trip was the brand new birchbox store in SoHo. The store has only been open for about two weeks. It's so pretty and adorable!! Honestly if I could have lived in that store I would have in a heartbeat!! The people that worked there were so nice and helpful and it was an overall great experience. At the store they carry full-size products and they also have a section where you can make your own birchbox.
I of course had to make my own birchbox!


There were five different categories (Body&Nails, Skincare, Fragrance, Hair, and Makeup) and you picked one sample from each category.

Body&Nails: Color Club; Peace, Love, Polish Pink Nail Lacquer

Skincare: Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser Starter Kit

Fragrance: Tocca Floral Perfume

Hair: Beauty Protector Protect and Detangle Spray

Makeup: Cynthia Rowley Black Eyeliner

I also bought a Smashbox 'Try It Kit' of their best selling products.
It includes a sample size of.

Photo Finish Foundation Primer
Photo Finish Lid Primer
Limitless Eye Liner in Onyx
Full Exposure Mascara in Jet Black
Lip Enhancing Gloss in Illume


After that I just ran into H&M for a few minutes before I headed back to the hotel. I did manage to find a gorgeous scarf, that was only $6!!! 


The next day I got up super early to visit St. Patrick's Cathedral, and afterwards I had about an hour to check out a few more stores before heading home, so I walked along 5th avenue. And..... Much to my delight I found a MAC store!!!! I saw te sign and practically ran across the street, I was so excited. The store was full of energy, everywhere I looked people where getting their makeup done and trying new products. It was so awesome!! Now of course I had to get something! Around the end of May/early June MAC came out with an amazing collection based on the disney movie Maleficent. I figured they wouldn't have anything from it in the store but I asked the sales clerk just in case by some miracle they did. She was super helpful and went in the back to check and she came back with the lipgloss from the collection!!!!! I was so excited!!!! It's a beautiful rich, red shade and it smells amazing! 


The last stop on my amazing trip was FAO Schwarz. I only had about half an hour there, but honestly I could have spent three days there!!! I saw the crayola department and they had a section where you could make your own box of crayons!!! 


Overall, my trip was amazing and I'm very happy with everything I bought. I can't wait to go back!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment